[AT] Ford 8n Under Dash Resistor

william.neff.powell at comcast.net william.neff.powell at comcast.net
Thu Jan 8 06:21:37 PST 2009

Andy,

I have replaced the coil. I believe it is a standard 6 volt coil that I picked up from TSC. I remember the list saying that popping the coil into an 8 volt system should not cause a problem.

Should have changed it to 12 volt... Or remained at 6. While looking at the tractor over the weekend I noticed that the battery leads were tiny, about 1/4 thick. I now know that a good 6 volt system requires thick cables.

I like the increased power of the 8 volt battery and when the tractor is used it works fine. I don't like not having an 8 volt charger in case the battery dies. Yes, I can plug a 12 volt charger on it, but I don't feel comfortable leaving it over night at 12 volts.

Regards,

Will

From: Andy Glines <andyglines at hotmail.com>