[AT] Ford 8n Under Dash Resistor

Andy Glines andyglines at hotmail.com
Thu Jan 8 05:18:26 PST 2009

Ford 8n Under Dash Resistor? (william.neff.powell at comcast.net)> Is the resistor necessary? I'm guessing it's there to stop the points from frying up? Or it is in there to compensate for an 8 volt system, although I put in the 8 volt system I did not add the resistor. (Who knows if it was 8 volt in the past?) If the resistor is necessary where can I find one? > > Regards,> > Will Powell> Pottstown, PABefore you spend to much time trying resistors you should check the coil to see what voltage it was wound for.  The voltage should be marked on it somewhere.  Who knows how many times the coil has been changed over the years and which one it has now.  If it has an 8V coil then you shouldn't need any resistor.