[AT] Ford 8n Under Dash Resistor?

Ronald L. Cook rlcook at longlines.com
Wed Jan 7 11:11:42 PST 2009

Mike,
	On that Farmall you should be bypassing the resistor when cranking.
Maybe you have a broken or corroded bypass wire.  I have had that happen
on an old Chevrolet.
	I tried a little, not to hard, to figure out how to bypass a bad
resistor on my 2N for starting purposes.  Thought about a relay, but
just used my pocket knife to pass the current past the resistor.  It
worked until I got a new resistor from New Holland.

Ron Cook
Salix, IA