[AT] Ford 8n Under Dash Resistor?

Mike Sloane mikesloane at verizon.net
Tue Jan 6 13:46:26 PST 2009

Ron Cook is correct - the original resistor that sits behind and below
the instrument cluster is to reduce the voltage to the coil - the old
front mounted coil/distributor (found on very early 8Ns) is a 3 volt
coil and it will overheat and burn out if subjected to the full 8 volts
for very long.

I have not had good luck with the replacement resistors that I have
purchased from places like Valu-Bilt - they fail "open" after a short
time in operation or even when the tractor is stored.

Mike