[AT] internal block repair

George Willer gwill at gwill.net
Thu Jan 1 11:42:59 PST 2009

Hi John,

Welding or brazing is a waste of time for this too common problem.  It's the
weakest place on the C-60 engine and welding can't ever be as strong as the
(too weak) original casting.  There are two different opinions regarding
welding this area... Those who think they can weld the casting back to
original strength, and those who know better.

I have quite a few Cub engines that have this same problem.  The best
solution is, of course, replacement of the busted block.  Without major help
this high stress area will always be a problem.  Here's one approach I've
used that seems to work OK for a working tractor, although not very pretty.

http://www.farmallcub.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=22754

A friend has taken this concept a little farther and produced a nice looking
support that he sells reasonably.

http://www.kubkraft.com/

George Willer