[Farmall] Stop leak oil additive

Mike Sloane mikesloane at verizon.net
Wed Feb 25 15:23:15 PST 2009

Sometimes the additives work, and sometimes they don't. I suppose it is
worth a try.

Splitting the Cub really isn't all that big a deal to get at the rear
main seal. But the new seal will be a little loose in the retainer -
make sure that you use some heat resistant goop to keep it in place. I
use Loctite 603 and have never had a problem.  The instructions for
splitting the Cub are described in detail in the Cub service manual
(available from Binder Books <www.binderbooks.com>). You will need to
prop up the front of the tractor with some cribbing and an air wrench
works best on removing/installing the clutch and flywheel.

The front seal is a little harder to replace but, again, not all that
big a deal on the Cub. (I have never had to do one, but it doesn't look
like too bad a job.).

Mike