[AT] New 8N/Now hay, coastal bermuda

Easley, Greg EasleyG at health.missouri.edu
Tue Feb 24 07:02:05 PST 2009

Like you guys, we're not 'horse people', but we do have horses.
They live in the pasture and eat whatever hay I put out.  I'm
feeding large round bales of smooth brome this year because that's
what my neighbor had for sale.  Last year it was fescue.  Next winter
who knows what it might be, but when they get hungry they will eat it
and get by just fine.  They all get a little sweet feed every day which
helps to keep them social.  I keep a tub of balanced mineral out at all
times, don't know if they really need it, but they do seem to enjoy it.
I do have one special needs mare that can't get by on hay as she doesn't
have enough teeth to properly masticate.  She gets a gallon of beet pulp
shreds and a half gallon of senior pellets twice a day.  At 30yo she has
the energy of a young filly.

Greg
http://www.geocities.com/heartland/woods/1416