[AT] New 8N/Now hay, coastal bermuda

charliehill charliehill at embarqmail.com
Tue Feb 24 07:43:24 PST 2009

Greg, have you seen the beet pulp pellets that are out now?  It's the same
shreaded pulp but compressed into a pellet.  You soak it in water for a
while before feeding.  The pellets seem to make it easier to handle and
store.

I have the best of both worlds with the horses.  I go by the stable every
day that I have time and most always get to help do something.  Yesterday I
helped feed up and repair a fence.  I enjoy talking to the folks that bring
their kids to ride and absolute delight in watching the children work with
the horses.  It doesn't cost me a thing but some time.

 Tom's stable is not a fancy come and ride and go home place.  He requires
the kids to go out into the pasture and get their horse, tack it up, clean
the hooves and brush the horse down and put it back in the pasture after the
lesson. (of course the little ones and beginners get help until they can do
it themselves)  They even have to go get the wheel barrel and manure rake
and clean up the horses mess.  They learn to ride, they learn to care for
the horse and above all they learn to be responsible.  He let's kids start
at age 8.  He's got a range of horses to fit any kid and any ability.

Charlie