[AT] OT Rödja - The blacksmiths shop fireplace

Bob McNitt nysports at frontiernet.net
Tue Feb 24 05:35:05 PST 2009

Steve -

My wife's college room mate hailed from Springfield Center and now lives in
Cooperstown, so we're quite familiar with all the Amish & Mennonite farms in
that area. With the former, it's like stepping out of a time machine and
finding yourself 100 years in the past. There are also a lot of them in SW
NY as well as up along the St Lawrence Valley area north of Black Lake.

The Urban Dictionary describes "UPstate New York" as: "Anyplace north of
Westchester County." (for non-NYers, Westchester is the very first county
north of NYC.). How's that for arrogance?
Bob