[AT] New 8N

Ralph Goff alfg at sasktel.net
Sat Feb 21 12:27:35 PST 2009

Charlie, just a wild guess but I'd bet you could add another zero to that
$600  and multiply by 4 and still not have enough to buy that new little
Ford. Wonder if it will still be as popular as the old Ns are now at 60
years of age? Those little old tractors bring good money at the farm
auctions now, somewhere in the 1 to 2,000 dollar price range.
That three point hitch on the new one would possibly be strong enough to
lift the old 8N off the ground at 2800 pounds capacity.
Could this be a new trend, using well known old names to sell new tractors?
I think CNH did it with the McCormick name recently, using it on their line
of Landini tractors. Our good old Canadian built Versatile tractors went
through quite a series of name changes over the years but have recently come
back to the original Versatile name even though the new owner is a
(Russian?) based one, Rostselmash. These however, are still a true North
American built tractor.
Whats next, a Mahindra tractor in Cockshutt 40 sheet metal? I bet they'd
sell a few.
Charlie, if I have trouble getting my new 8N across the border I might have
to park it at your place for a while. Thanks for the offer. :-)

Ralph in Sask.