[AT] Farm show observations-now auction

charliehill charliehill at embarqmail.com
Mon Feb 9 14:37:31 PST 2009

Ralph,  we have a local connection to Saskatchewan here in coastal NC.
There is a big phosphate mine about 40 miles from where I live that used to
be called TexasGulf Phosphate until maybe 8 or 10 years ago when it was
bought out by PCS (Phosphate Corp of Saskatchewan).
That mine pumps a ton of money into our local economy.
I've worked in there over the years as a contractor.  It's a hugh place with
a mine and all of the plants to produce raw phosphate, calcined phosphate,
Sulphuric Acid, Phosphoric Acid, Tri-amonium phosphate, di-amonium phosphate
and some other products they've started making since I've been there that
I'm not familiar with.
The web site lists all the products.  It won't show Sulphuric acid because
they make that and use it to make Phosphoric Acid.

http://www.potashcorp.com/about_potashcorp/operations_map/aurora/