[AT] Farm show observations-now auction

Ralph Goff alfg at sasktel.net
Mon Feb 9 12:49:45 PST 2009

----- Original Message -----
From: "Indiana Robinson" <robinson46176 at gmail.com>
To: "Antique tractor email discussion group" <at at lists.antique-tractor.com>
Sent: Monday, February 09, 2009 9:14 AM
Subject: Re: [AT] Farm show observations-now auction

.
> He said that he made the most from selling used equipment and that the
> service garage paid the all of regular bills.

I'd agree, although here in Sask. we are , as usual, a little behind the
times. The economy is actually in pretty good shape compared to the rest of
the country. There is still good demand for most of what we produce on the
farms, as long as we are paid enough for those products to at least cover
our cost of production. Fuel and fertiilizer costs have actually dropped in
price from a few months ago, hopefully enough to compensate for the drop in
grain prices. Oil and fertilizer are still selling pretty good and we
produce a bit of that here too.
If people are not buying new vehicles and machinery, they must be repairing
the old iron. So its good for the service industry as you say.

Ralph in Sask.