[AT] One-ways?

Mike W k6mw at sbcglobal.net
Sun Feb 8 10:23:55 PST 2009

I'd not heard of a one way plow before so did a quick google search..
enclosed is an excerpt from just one of the sites I located that mentioned
them... Apparently they were very good at what they did...

"The one-way has been criticized as a contributing cause of the Dust Bowl.
This is true only because it was overused by many farmers. Plains farmers
had been encouraged to use dry-farming methods. This meant leaving some land
unplanted every year and discing fields often to create a "dust mulch."
One-way plows were almost too good at this. Their frequent use left a
finely-pulverized surface layer that was extremely vulnerable to the wind"
http://www.kshs.org/cool2/coolplow.htm

Mike Wood
Anchorage, AK