[AT] OT Personal Mattias

charliehill charliehill at embarqmail.com
Tue Feb 3 04:39:35 PST 2009

My grandfather had a blacksmith shop on his  farm when I was a little kid.
He had a hand crank blower and my sister and I loved to take turns cranking
the blower for him.  Tractors had come along by the time we did so he didn't
use the forge so much any more but back in the old days he was able to keep
all of his horse drawn equipment repaired by himself.  He also was a pretty
good wheelright and leather worker.  He built his own wagons, made wagon
wheels, and did his own harness work.

Back about 1960 or so he made me a bull whip.  It was one of my prized
possessions.  In 1985 I traded a car for a pickup truck and forgot that the
whip was in the trunk of the car.  When I went back to the dealership they
denied knowing anything about the whip and refused to let me search the car.
The look on the guys face and his cold attitude told me all I wanted to
know.  They had either thrown it away or someone that worked there had
claimed it for thier own and he wasn't man enough to own up to it.

Sorry for the ramble.

Charlie