[AT] The last question I had on my list for December.

Ralph Goff alfg at sasktel.net
Thu Dec 31 21:25:48 PST 2009

----- Original Message -----
From: "Indiana Robinson" <robinson46176 at gmail.com>
To: "Antique tractor email discussion group" <at at lists.antique-tractor.com>
Sent: Thursday, December 31, 2009 6:17 PM
Subject: Re: [AT] The last question I had on my list for December.

> I believe  that the International 300 Utility had the hottest exhaust
> of any tractor I ever used. Under long heavy pulling loads like
> plowing etc. at night the manifold, exhaust pipe, muffler and stub
> tail pipe all glowed bright red all over

The Chrysler slant six manifold in my Massey swather used to run pretty hot
too. I recall parking it one evening and standing beside the engine gazing
in amazement at the glowing red exhaust manifold. Looked like something just
pulled out of the blacksmith's forge. Surprising considering how many cracks
it had for ventilation.
:-)

Ralph in Sask.