[AT] Shop lifts

John Widener johnwidener at sbcglobal.net
Tue Dec 29 16:59:49 PST 2009

I do have a 9000# two post auto lift in the garage and have used it to
change over to steel wheels on a 1937 F12 tractor last summer. Mine is
anchored down ,  but I like the 2 post type of lifts because of trying to
change tires on a 4 post lift. If you are going to buy it also to work on
autos or trucks remember this, any thing you have to work on that required
having to remove the tires, can you safely secure it on a jack stand while
it is on the lift. 4 post lifts do have certain advantages, I just
personally like the 2 post type myself. We have a 4 post 50,000# lift at
work for the large trucks. I would rather work on them on the ground.