[Farmall] Farmall H Questions,

Barney Van De Weert bbvande at yahoo.com
Sat Dec 26 16:46:01 PST 2009

Working on my "52" H today, did a compression check and came up w 90 Lbs in 3 cyls and 100 in one of them. After squirting oil in all of them they came up about 5 Lbs ea. Is 90 PSI about right for a std piston engine? Santa brought me a new I+T Shop Manual but there is nothing in the spects about compression.

Also, I replaced the valve cover gasket, there is a lot of sludge on the head and inside the valve cover, can I run kerosene in the engine to try to clean it up, or is there a procedure to do this? I think this unit has sat for awhile before I got it.

Any comments welcome.
 Barney Van De Weert
3828 Heartwood St
Uniontown OH 44685