[AT] 8N Ford

Ron Cook rlcook at longlines.com
Wed Dec 23 07:51:34 PST 2009

Behlen road gear was the most popular for the F-20 in these parts.  Of
course being closer to the manufacturer probably affected the
availability.  The Behlen I am familiar with is not an overdrive.  It is
a road gear.  The main transmission must be in neutral before engaging
the road gear.  Man, do things howl when you are traveling around 12-15
mph on an F-20!!

There used to be a fair share of 9-speed H and M Farmalls around, too.

Ron Cook
Salix, IA