[AT] tractor collecting & wishing

Dennis Johnson moscowengnr at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 21 10:49:50 PST 2009

My first purchased tractor was a 1950 JD "D" wheatland style tractor. The original owner was my dad's cousin. I had to sell it when I got transferred once.
My second purchased tractor was  MM "U"

My wish list has 4 things near the top -

1st - a MF 65 - spent a few summers working an a farm plowing with one of these. Contacted another ATIS member about one of these, but it was propane and I am not set up for propane fueling.
2nd - an inexpensive backhoe - somewhat open with this. thinking about a small mini hoe on some import FWD tractor that is nearby, but would also take an older 2 wheel drive unit.
3rd - another JD "D" - ideally the same one I sold years back
4th - another MM "U"

If I can get finish getting my Dodge 5.9 crank seal and timing cover back together soon, I hope to pull  my gooseneck to Kansas in a few days and bring back my Case "D" to Houston area and start working on it to get it running again. I think it just needs some work on cleaning the fuel tank where rust collected in the bottom, and then some tire work. It has a tire fluid leak, so I need to look at a good way to fix that. It aslo needs the normal TLC required of old tractors, but getting them running is more important than a full restoration right now. After I get it running reliably, then I need to work on JD "B" and F-20 Farmall. Both of them are locked up and will need more work.