[AT] Value of IH 656 High Crops??

Dave Johnson webguydave at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 21 09:42:15 PST 2009

Hi All & almost Merry Christmas!

I've always been aware that the JD Hi Crops are collectable & some seem to fetch prices taller than the machine itself!  But do IH Hi crops follow suit?

I recently consulted for an auctioneer who has been contracted to sell off the abandoned property of a local truck farmer - amongst the junk are a couple of 656D HC Hydrostatic Hi Crops, single front, cast iron hubs with spinout rims, 3 pts - not running, one on blocks w/ the rears off, tin straight, surface rust in places - really 'pig in a poke'....

... so naturally it doesn't take much time for the thought of restoration to make it to the front of my thoughts... I have a buddy whose just cleared 30 years of scrap from his place & has both a shop & room available now... and if the value potentially is high enough I might be able to survive the wife's wrath in taking on yet another project (at least it wouldn't be in her view!)

... farmer, I wish I were back in KY... I'd spring the 6.6k for your 4020; even the wife agrees on that!

Best

Dave in Gilroy, CA
Garlic Capital of the World