[AT] Tractor collecting question - wishing

Herbert Metz metz-h.b at mindspring.com
Sun Dec 20 16:55:05 PST 2009

Ken, you would certainly enjoy the Tulare, CA tractor show. We were at the
April 2008 show (they were featuring AllisChalmers); the number and huge
variety of CAT, Holt, Best was certainly an exceptional situation to
experience. The facility is state owned, and almost all packed sand (with
large water trailer spraying as needed); so the track units were permitted
to drive around some and participate in the daily parade.  Will probably
never get back there again.  If you have not been there, you need to
somehow work it into a business/training trip, etc.
Ken or Gene,      The Cases -- an early L was a crossmotor?  and the
exhaust whistle?   and the opposed 4's?   I have seen several, but never
running when I was around.
Thank You
Herb