[AT] Tractor collecting question - wishing

Mike Sloane mikesloane at verizon.net
Sun Dec 20 07:22:13 PST 2009

I sometimes wish I had my Farmall 706 back. While it was too big for
most of what I need to do, it had two different PTO's. I used to hook
the 25 Kw backup generator up to the 1000 rpm shaft (using an adapter)
so I could run the engine at half speed during power failures. That
eased the fuel consumption considerable and reduced the noise level a
LOT. But it was a gas tractor, and even at half speed burned a lot of
fuel. If I had my druthers, I druther have an 806 diesel with a loader
and three point Cat II hitch (and maybe a cab for working snow on days
like today, when the temperature is in the 20's).

The sun just came out, and I do have to admit that it is very pretty out
there with the snow just coating the branches of the trees, etc.

Other than that, I am pretty happy with the tractors I have.

Mike