[AT] I'm back again

Best, George George_Best at adp.com
Fri Dec 18 10:23:48 PST 2009

Not sure when my first trip to Portland was.  I'll have to find my old pictures and see that the date stamp is on the files.  I'm guessing it was around 96 or 97.  I did make it back to Portland a couple times after that first trip when four of us from the west coast flew out and shared a rental car.

I actually prefer the trips where I drove to Portland and had a trailer.  Made for an interesting trip with all the stops we made both ways to visit collectors and add engines to the truck and trailer.  With the security these days we wouldn't be able to bring back the stuff we did in our carry on that we did on that first trip!  Richard probably had enough tools in his bag to disassemble the plane.

Was just thinking this past week that I may fly back to Portland for the 2010 show.  Would love to drive it again, but it uses up too many vacation days that way.  It is real limiting only having 5 weeks of vacation each year as I could easily use a couple more! ;-)

Glad to see there is a bit more activity on the tractor list.  The engine list has gotten pretty quiet.

George