[AT] I'm back again

Richard Walker richardwalker at pobox.com
Thu Dec 17 22:47:44 PST 2009

>Was that 1995 when you west coast guys (you, Richard Walker, Don
>Bowen and ??) were at Portland, IN August show?  TIME does fly.

Herb, sure glad you could make it out here to the Tulare show, and
Don, Karl O. and I really enjoyed spending some time with you and your wife.

I THINK it was a year or two later than 1995, when the boxes got
delivered to Spencer?  1996-7?  And the ??? of our quartet was Bill,
George's welder and machinist friend from OR, who fabricates engines
from scratch.

Good to see you back again, George.  I mostly lurk now.

George, I have gotten SO much grinning about that incident that
happened during our Portland trip.  Must have related that story
several dozen times to various friends.  About when the four of us
were in our rental car headed for Portland after flying in to the
Indianapolis airport.  We passed a vast heavy equipment boneyard and
instantaneously all four of our heads swiveled to stare intently at
it, even Don who was driving.  When we realized what had happened, we
all laughed immensely.  Birds of a feather!

Richard