[AT] A CHALLENGE - - Can you name the first three tractors you drove?

Phil Auten pga2 at BasicISP.net
Wed Dec 16 17:02:41 PST 2009

At 10:08 AM 12/16/2009, you wrote:

> [...]

Kinda late gettin in on this one. The first tractor I drove was a JD,
don't know the model, with an 8-speed trans
and a hand clutch. I was 16 then and was pulling a grain wagon
helping with harvesting winter wheat on the Phillips
family farm in Davison, MI. The farmhouse is still there, but it is
surrounded by homes now. There is a really
nice Centennial Farm sign in the front yard, much easier to read than
the little sign that was nailed to a tree
back in '64.  The next one I don't remember except it had a set of
pallet forks on the 3-point and I used it to move
some round bales. That would've been in '73 or '74. Next was my first
tractor, my '39 Allis-Chalmers RC. Still
have it sitting in the carport waiting for me to get a round tuit for
a new water pump. Also out there are my
Farmall M and Cub and a little A-C B.
Ben, welcome and I hope you are able to enjoy the old iron for many
decades to come.

Phil Auten
Durango, TX