[AT] A CHALLENGE - - Can you name the first three tractors you drove?

Ernst Borchert eb3 at shelby.net
Wed Dec 16 08:08:38 PST 2009

-----Original Message-----
From: at-bounces at lists.antique-tractor.com
[mailto:at-bounces at lists.antique-tractor.com] On Behalf Of Kent Blomgren
Sent: Wednesday, December 16, 2009 8:10 AM
To: Antique tractor email discussion group
Subject: Re: [AT] A CHALLENGE - - Can you name the first three tractors you
drove?

Indiana Robinson wrote:
> Lots of great responses here. Now the challenge. I'm recognizing the
> names of all of the guys that have responded so far as "regulars". I'm
> throwing out a challenge to all of the readers that do not normally
> post to jump in and answer this and the earlier question about when
> you started collecting old tractors.
>
> Happy Holidays...

The first tractor that I drove was a single front wheel Farmall H pulling a
sweet potato planter with my father and uncle on the planter. It was 1944
and help was impossible to get and my father and uncle were rejected from
the service because they were farmers. The field already had furrows so once
the H started in the furrow it would remain. My job was to get it out of
gear at the end of the row and then my father would turn the H around and
start it in a new row. I was almost six at the time. Two years later I drove
a John Deere A pulling a wagon picking up sugar beets the digger dropped.
Two years later I spent the summer driving an Allis Chalmers G with manual
lifts both front and back cultivating peppers one row at a time. I hated
that tractor at the time but would love to have on now.
	Merry Christmas and Happy New year to all of you, Ernst