[AT] A CHALLENGE - - Can you name the first three tractors you drove?

Ron Cook rlcook at longlines.com
Tue Dec 15 17:14:27 PST 2009

Farmer,
    I don't remember for sure what tractor I drove first.  I do remember
the first tractor I operated  for fieldwork was a '36 Farmall F-20 and
the second was a 1941 John Deere A.  Both cultivating listed crops with
4 row pull-type lister-cultivators.  Too small at age 9 to turn them
around.  My Dad would operate one and I the other.  He would turn his
around and we would switch tractors.  I have no idea what the 3rd
tractor would have been.  Possibly the 1948 John Deere A that my Dad
bought new and I still have.   An uncle bought the '48 A when my Dad
traded it off in the 60's some time.  He gave it to me about 20 years
ago.  I guess that is the start of the collection that now includes a
'46 John Deere A, a 1955 John Deere 40U and a 1965 gas 4020 powershift
John Deere.

Ron Cook
Salix, IA