[AT] A CHALLENGE - - Can you name the first three tractors you drove?

Howard Weeks weeksh at wildblue.net
Tue Dec 15 15:08:13 PST 2009

Okay - here it is!

I grew up on various farms in Texas and was around and on tractors
most of my life before joining the Army in 1960.  The first tractor
was a B John Deere followed by VAC and SC Case tractors.  Also spent
lots of time on a 300 Case and Cub Farmall.  Guess I started when
about 11.  Remember going to sleep on the JD while cultivating and
wandering all over the field.  Did the same with the VAC Case in a
hay field once.  Took a lot of work to fix those "Boo Boos"!

My collecting interest began in 1997 when a younger Brother brought
me a derelict Super C to trade for an old Jeep engine powered WWII
generator.  Restoring that one got me hooked and I now have a
combination of JD, Farmall and Allis machines.

Other hobby interests include collection and restoration of
communications receivers and wood working.

Now retired and enjoying the hobbies every day.  Could do without the
old age aches and pains though.

Howard in GA