[AT] A CHALLENGE - - Can you name the first three tractors you drove?

Jon Fridgen jon.fridgen at gmail.com
Tue Dec 15 09:40:33 PST 2009

The first tractor I drove was a Case 830 Comfort King diesel - I think I was
about 9 or 10 at the time. After that was an Oliver 88. As a kid, I hated
the 88 we had - the brakes didn't hold too well, it steered hard, and it was
hard for me to use that over-under shift they had (i.e., could never get it
from the top set of gear to the bottom ones). The third tractor I drove was
a John Deere 3020 diesel with Power Shift. I remember being amazed as a
10-yr old kid how you could shift through those speeds w/o using the clutch.

I started collecting tractors in 1990 when my Grandpa passed away and I took
possession of his Massey Harris 44. That led to several other MH purchases
over the years that included a 30, 444-diesel, and 101 Jr. Oh, and somewhere
along the way I picked up a John Deere 30 pull-type combine.

Happy Holidays.

-Jon
--
Jon Fridgen