[AT] A CHALLENGE - - Can you name the first three tractors youdrove?

Alan Riley arr44 at suddenlink.net
Tue Dec 15 09:30:14 PST 2009

Well, I can remember the first tractor I drove but not the second or
third.  Unlike many of the group members, I didn't grow up on a farm.
My parents were school teachers in a small town in middle Tennessee.
It was in a farming area but it wasn't until my older sister married a
farmer that I even got close to a tractor.

The tractor was a 1928 Farmall Regular and I had the glorious task of
pulling a wagon in a hay field with it.  They had two other tractors on
the farm - both Farmalls (an "M" and an "MD"), at that time but I can't
recall ever driving either one of them.  Probably the next one I drove
was a JD 4030 that later replaced the Farmalls.

As far as tractors owned, the first was a 1949 Farmall Cub that I restored
back in the late 1970s.  I no longer have that one.  Currently, I have another
1949 Farmall Cub, a 1976 Economy Power King  (a 1614), and a 1988
Ford 1520 compact diesel.  I would love to have more but the tractor shed
is full and I can't stand to have one sitting out in the weather, not to mention
the fact that my wife says I don't need any more!

Alan