[AJD] What's everyone's current project?

E. M. THATCHER ethatche at hotmail.com
Sat Dec 12 17:10:43 PST 2009

Now that my old JD's are gone I'm settling for the 1930 DeSoto CK Coupe that's been taking up space in my garage since I brought it home last year.  It's been more or less languishing in barn of the guy I bought it from for the last 15 years.  I think I rescued it just in time before rot began to set in.  It was originally part of collection in New York State.  I was able to verify the PO's story when I found the old NY registrations and was able to contact the collector.  Right now I'm trying to piece together its history while I'm getting it roadworthy again.  The brakes were totally dry when I got it but seem to have come back to life with a whole lot of fluid and bleeding.  The engine fires right up and runs smooth but I still need to go over it. So far the fuel tank isn't leaking but I expect it should be drained and flushed, checked for leaks and coated. The exhaust from the muffler back is terminal so I'll be replacing that soon and the clutch seems to have way too much travel although its still good enough to move the car.  It's a neat old ride and I'm looking forward to driving it.

I still get the itch for another old Deere.  Its just a matter of storage now.

Eric Thatcher
St. Peters, MO.