[AT] When did you start collecting old tractors?

Ralph Goff alfg at sasktel.net
Wed Dec 9 22:31:34 PST 2009

----- Original Message -----
From: "Rupert" <rwenig2 at xplornet.com>
To: "Antique tractor email discussion group" <at at lists.antique-tractor.com>
Sent: Wednesday, December 09, 2009 9:54 PM
Subject: Re: [AT] When did you start collecting old tractors?

> Hello Ralph,
> Do you live in that part of Sask.? I had a chance to see the deep ruts
> on the side roads last October when I went down to the Estevan Model
> Engine Show. I stayed on the pavement but the country side sure looked
> wet.

Rupert, that sale at Benson is a good bit south of me, probably a couple of
hours drive and seeing as thats a busy time of year on the farm I likely
won't make it to the sale. Unless I retire by spring :-)
The Cockshutt 50 I first mentioned was purchased used by my Dad in the fall
of 59. By 1967 he saw a chance to buy a 40 when the town council was
upgrading to a newer tractor so we became a two tractor farm. I've inherited
a JD AR and Case 730 that my Uncle had. Bought and sold several big (ger)
Case tractors until settling down with a 2090 and 7130 magnum. A little
Massey Super 90 is the year round workhorse with its front end loader .
So its become a collection.
Nearly forgot to mention the DC4 Case. Been sitting in the shed so long that
I don't know if it even runs anymore.

Ralph in Sask.