[AT] When did you start collecting old tractors?

Ralph Goff alfg at sasktel.net
Wed Dec 9 19:01:30 PST 2009

----- Original Message -----
From: "Indiana Robinson" <robinson46176 at gmail.com>
To: "Antique tractor email discussion group" <at at lists.antique-tractor.com>
Sent: Wednesday, December 09, 2009 8:15 PM
Subject: Re: [AT] When did you start collecting old tractors?

>>> Anyway, when did you start collecting?
>>>
>> I guess I never called it collecting. Just never got around to selling
>> any
>> of the ones that came to the farm.
>> Just thinking, its been 50 years with the Cockshutt 50 this fall.
>> http://www.redpowermagazine.com/forums/index.php?act=attach&type=post&id=77546
>>
>> Ralph in Sask.

> Good picture Ralph. What is on the other end of that belt?

In that picture I took about a month or so ago the  belt is powering the
poor old worn out Case 14 inch hammer mill that my Dad bought back about
1953. It will still hammer oats into acceptable cattle and chicken feed but
the bearings are so loose that it vibrates pretty bad.
This picture taken about 25 years ago shows the hammer mill a little better.
Cockshutt 40 powering the belt this time on a cold sunny winter day much
like today.
http://inlinethumb30.webshots.com/28125/2308725500032927439S600x600Q85.jpg
Hard work but it didn't bother me back then.

Ralph in Sask.