[AJD] What's everyone's current project?

kwreese at aol.com kwreese at aol.com
Mon Dec 7 10:17:23 PST 2009

My current project is working on the 2010 "Gathering of the Green"
conference. - all day, every day.

Before the "Gathering" began to "take over my life," I was restoring a 1939
 Model B.

In August, I completed painting all of the green parts (individually)  --
excepting cap screws, nuts and misc. parts.  The next step is  shooting
yellow.  At this point, this will not take place until after the  "Gathering"
which will be held in Davenport, IA on March 17-20, 2001.  When  the yellow
parts are done, I will start the assembly.

If you haven't attended the "Gathering," I would hope you would consider
doing so.  There are lots of JD enthusiasts out there who haven't attended
in the past and would find benefit and thoroughly enjoy this conference for
John  Deere admirerers.

Please take a look at our web site at _www.gatheringofthegreen.com_
(http://www.gatheringofthegreen.com)   .

If you received a registration packet, I encourage you to complete the form
 and return it as soon as you can.  If you would like to receive
registration materials, send me an e-mail or call and I'll get a packet into the
mail today.

At this point the host hotel is sold out (215 rooms) and the second hotel
has 175 rooms booked.  We will soon fill the second hotel and then will
refer people to a third facility.  The 2010 Gathering will be held in the
RiverCenter in Davenport, a spacious, well-lighted and modern convention
center.  There will be lots of room for vendors, excellent rooms for  workshops,
and a separate dining room.  All-in-all, the River Center will  be a nice
improvement from our previous location.

To date, we have 50 workshops in place, 3 evening speakers, a fun auction,
10 trips and tour, tours of John Deere factories in the Quad Cities,
vendors  from across the USA, an opening night reception and an ending banquet
with a  keynote speaker.

Regards,
Ken  Reese
Cochairman