[AT] OT : BBQ recipe ?

David Bruce davidbruce at yadtel.net
Sun Dec 6 23:57:42 PST 2009

I'll bet some of the eastern NC members might argue with "classic
Carolina Style Barbecue Sauce" but wouldn't argue with "Piedmont
Barbecue Sauce"  description<g>.

I like BOTH BBQ sauces - with and without tomato <g>.

In these winter days where tending a fire outside is a bit of a chore I
have an "almost as good" alternative.
A pork butt (or even a full pork shoulder) slow roasted in a closed
roasting pan.  I roast 30 minutes at 400°F then at 250°F until falling
of the bone done.  Sometimes with a spice rub sometimes plain.
Once fully roasted and cooled a bit I pick the meat away from bone, skin
and large portions of fat.  In the best piedmont NC tradition I then
chop (or mince) and mix with the sauce - the one listed here is an
excellent piedmont sauce.
I already have some prepared for Christmas and safely stored in the freezer.

David
NW NC