[AT] BOOO! anyone awake in there?

John Hall jthall at worldnet.att.net
Sun Dec 6 05:48:06 PST 2009

 Think soybeans and corn Al!! Seriously I imagine a lot of guys will be
planting more corn and beans since they couldn't get the wheat in. Our
problem in this area is they can't get the beans out, much less the wheat
in. I saw a guy that works for the Deere dealer. He told me a few guys are
saying the heck with it and going diving in the mud to try to salvage good
beans. There is even one combine up this way with really wide tires--I
believe they are about 4+ feet across the face (cane an rice style?)--it is
even miring up. The worst part is most fields here are no-tilled so
repairing all the ruts its like adding insult to injury. We replanted some
of my wheat last weekend. I've got one field that has had about a 1/4 of it
standing in water for 3 weeks! There is a fair amount of it that has
drowned. Got any rice seed?

 In regards to those speaking of cold weather, we normally have a killing
freeze by Oct 20th. I think we finally got one last night. Yesterday my
apple trees were still full of green leaves.

John