[AT] BOOO! anyone awake in there?

CEE VILL cvee60 at hotmail.com
Sat Dec 5 08:01:15 PST 2009

Long winters disability is more like it in my case.  The last month has not been very friendly to me.  I put new rear wheels and tires on the JD L in early November and painted them JD yellow.  At that time the old work Cushman golf cart decided to die.  A bunch of checking and testing revealed that the only thing that would give spark was another coil so I changed it out with one that I borrowed from a 12 HP cub cadet which I have  (Same engine).  At that point my knee and hip were very angry which pretty much put me off of my feet.  Along came the bronchitis!  Fifteen days on an antibiotic.  One of the side effects of that was     JOINT PAIN.     Now I really was hurting.

When I finished the pills, I went to the orthopedic surgeon looking for a cortizone shot in my knee.  He suggested holding off a little while and trying pills first, so that is where it is at.  They may be helping a little, but not much so far.  I took advantage of the shut in time to pull the trigger on a whole house bypass humidifier I have been looking at.  Bit by bit, that is now installed and working (I think).  I can never catch it on, but the humidity in the house seems to be staying where it should be.  It does run a successful test cycle.

Yesterday I went outside and installed the snowplow on my truck.  Mike Sloan can tell you that the Western Pro Plow is not an easy install.  Western assumes you will have a smooth concrete floor and have the plow on a dolly for easy alignment.  It is not that way in my world.  After jockeying the truck to as good as possible, it came down to a pry bar to get exact enough to install the pins and links. It would be a fairly simple two man job, but it is hard for one person to be in two places at once.  After an hour, it was on and working and I managed not to let the light/pump frame  drop on top fo me. When I finished, I thought I might have to carry myself into the house.  Walking was pretty painful, but when I get the 480 lbs. of ballast in the back of the truck, let it snow..

Other than the above, it is pretty quiet here in WNY.

Charlie V.