[AT] @$#@$#% Cub - red engine oil

Steve W. falcon at telenet.net
Sun Aug 16 10:00:17 PDT 2009

charliehill wrote:
> Let me tell you how to get water out of your waste fuel and oil.  It's so
> simple, if you haven't thought of it you'll kick yourself.  Put it in a
> barrel and let it sit without disturbing it so that it settles out.  Wait
> for a hard freeze.  Pump the fuel/oil off the top and leave the block of ice
> in the drum.

That works well in the winter, not so well in the summer ;-)

I suppose if I was going to get into the process whole hog I would
probably build a centrifugal separator and an acid treatment bath. Along
with that a catalytic cracker to refine it back to the base materials.

BUT, Since I'm only cleaning it enough to mix into heating fuel, I doubt
I'll be setting up a refinery anytime soon.Of course if I happen to
strike oil one of these days.....

--
Steve W.