[AT] Portland

Indiana Robinson robinson46176 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 26 21:08:50 PDT 2009

Found the ATIS spot and left my TO-20 Fergie, my little Yanmar 1500
diesel, a Ford 3 point boom, a Ford 3 point slip scoop and my 3Point
lift forks/bale mover that I made from parts of a John Deere 3 bottom
rope trip plow. The bubble gum temp repair on the Fergie manifold was
more temporary than I had hoped and let go. Oh well, I'll just start
looking for a good used one in the parts area. I have looked at the
new reproductions several times but all of them I see are not like the
original. They seem to be selling a repro of the later ones that use
three bolts in a triangle plate instead of the original clamp mount.
You either have to buy an adapter or buy the later style exhaust pipe.
Also a couple of them looked like such crappy casting that I would
almost hate to bolt it on. I sure wouldn't want to order one sight
unseen based on a couple I have seen.
We hope to be back at Portland soon after noonish Thursday with the
old travel trailer.
My old relic 4x4 3/4 T truck has decided to run rough especially at
stoplights. I think the power brake unit is failing and leaking
vacuum. It sounds a little like a drowning elephant when you sit at a
stop light with your foot on the brake. A strange noise indeed.   :-)
Maybe I'll use the 1/2 T to pull the travel trailer...

--
Have you hugged your horses today?

Francis Robinson
aka "farmer"