[AT] Restorations pick

Herbert Metz metz-h.b at mindspring.com
Wed Aug 26 17:41:50 PDT 2009

May I suggest one of the most popular of antique tractors, an Allis
Chalmers "G".
Less than 30,000 mfged from 1949 to 1955.
The only rear engined tractor at that time.
Easy to handle, weighs approx 1500#.
Easy to haul, can be hauled in a Dodge Dakota with extended cab and 6 1/2'
bed.
Their equipment was specially designed for mounting and use only on the G.
A frequent progression among Allis G enthusiasts is to acquire a tractor,
restore the tractor, then acquire a piece of equipment (cultivator,
moldboard plow, disc plow, sickle bar mower, belly mower (mfged by others -
Bush Hog, Woods, Sun Mfg), etc.   Then restore that piece of equipment, and
move on to another piece of equipment.
Regards, Herb