[Farmall] 140 Steering Problem

doug hale douger55 at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 17 19:34:24 PDT 2009

Putting the finishing touches on a Farmall 140 and had new tires put on last week.  Now I can;tdrive due to very sloppy play in the steering.  anyone have any thoughts or ideas on what to adjust or look for?  Looking at the breakdown, steering gear is very pricy for my local IH dealer.  I have pulled the steering shaft and the "worm gear" looks ok.  Having trouble getting into the steering box.  Can't seem to get the steering arm off.  Will try to find a puller in the morning and see if that will help.