[AT] @$#@$#% Cub - red engine oil

David Bruce davidbruce at yadtel.net
Mon Aug 17 06:18:25 PDT 2009

An azeotrope is a physical mixture and not a unique compound.  I would
expect to be able to remove the bulk of the water in an antifreeze/water
mixture by evaporation but not all.  If I remember correctly there is an
azetrope with certain proportions of each - water in excess of that
would be free to evaporate without the ethylene glycol.  Exactly what
proportions are needed I'm not sure.

I do know one azeotrope of water and ethanol is 95/5 water/alcohol -
true anhydrous ethanol is quite hard to manufacture.  The azeotrope of
methanol and water has a bit more water but is still flammable. This is
why methanol is common in "dry gas" formulas.

David
NW NC