[AT] @$#@$#% Cub - red engine oil

Steve W. falcon at telenet.net
Sun Aug 16 05:21:10 PDT 2009

Rupert wrote:
> Hello Steve,
> 	I'm curious. Do the combustion acids and water stay behind with the
> dirty stuff or do they transfer over? Otherwise, I like your method of
> purifying the oil.
>
> Rupert

The acids transfer unless they precipitate out in the water itself. Some
do and some stay blended into the oils.

The water usually settles to the bottom of the mix and you stop
filtering before you get that part. OR you pump off the top of the blend
and leave the solids and water behind that way.

It is possible to neutralize the acid in the oil but for what I use it
for I don't bother.

--
Steve W.