[AT] @$#@$#% Cub - red engine oil

Steve W. falcon at telenet.net
Sat Aug 15 11:27:29 PDT 2009

carl gogol wrote:
> Steve-
> One other question - along with how long it takes, how big a rope are you
> assuming?  a 1/2" rope should be 4 times faster than a 1/4" diameter rope --
> practically?
> carl

I used some 3/8" stuff I had for a clothes line. Time wise it depends a
LOT on the material being filtered and the temperature. Water filters
much faster than oil due to the viscosity. Basically the thinner the
material the faster it filters.

I also have a DIY filter that uses a three stage system, It starts with
a double sock over the inlet, through a couple of the woven nylon water
filters and then through a standard LARGE fuel filter from a truck.

--
Steve W.