[AT] @$#@$#% Cub - red engine oil

charliehill charliehill at embarqmail.com
Sat Aug 15 13:30:07 PDT 2009

The time I tried to burn used oil before I just dumped it about 15 or 20% in
with my #2 oil in the furnace tank.  I let it sit and figured that between
the settling, dilution and the wool sock filter on the fuel line it would be
ok but it wasn't.   A few days or weeks later I started having furnace
problems.  I pulled the pump off of the furnace and it was full of very fine
black grit that had gotten through the sock filter and the strainer on the
pump.  I spent the rest of that winter and most of the next trying to keep
that furnace running until I finally replaced the pump and switched the fuel
lines.  Problem solved.

Since then I've changed fuel tanks and put a "goldenrod" brand filter like
you put on a farm fuel transfer pump ahead of the wool sock filter.  If I
try to burn any more of that stuff I want to be sure I have it cleaned up.
I don't want to contaminate this system now that I have it clean.

Charlie