[AT] Hydraulic fittings

K7jdj at aol.com K7jdj at aol.com
Fri Aug 14 15:37:17 PDT 2009

In a message dated 8/14/2009 1:56:42 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
charliehill at embarqmail.com writes:

When you find tape in the hydraulic system it's because of the way the tape

was installed.

I'm not so sure.  I think sometimes when you re-do a fitting there is  old
tape in the female fitting that get's pushed into the system.  Some of  my
old JD tapered fittings are getting loose and require a fair amount of tape
to seal/tighten. The stuff that gets pushed in of course is very small
pieces  but I have found 1/2 inch or so pieces in the filter.  I'm not talking
about a large quantity just a piece or two over 30 years of changing
filters.

Gary

Renton, WA