[AT] Hydraulic hoses

Mike Sloane mikesloane at verizon.net
Thu Aug 13 04:20:58 PDT 2009

Not to lecture, but the instructions for virtually all hydraulic
equipment state, when done with the machine even for only a few minutes,
to lower everything to the ground and relieve the pressure on all valves
by cycling them. There are two issues here: 1. safety - a raised boom or
other tool can drop very quickly if someone accidentally moves a lever
or a hose fails, and it could fall on someone in the area, and 2.
leaving pressure on the system when idle puts a strain on the system and
can cause premature wear (especially old hoses). Also, kids love to play
on idle machines and love working all the levers.

Just my 2 cents,

Mike