[AT] Briggs 18hp starter gear removal? (Off Topic?)

Larry Goss rlgoss at insightbb.com
Wed Aug 12 07:17:12 PDT 2009

For me, a pair of external snap ring pliers on the ends of the clip wire does the trick.  Push down on the old gear as you pry the ends of the ring apart and it should slip right off the end.  Since you really need to have the starter securely held, I normally replace that gear with the starter on the engine.

Larry