[AT] Briggs 18hp starter gear removal? (Off Topic?)

Doug Tallman dtallman at accnorwalk.com
Wed Aug 12 08:05:49 PDT 2009

Will, if its set up like the old Delco starters, the cap has a groove
inside there that holds onto the O/D of the ring. It should just tap
off. Maybe try using a socket the right diameter. After you get the cap
off you can get the ring with small snap ring pliers. Try not to stretch
it too much because you have to pop the cap back on it afterwards. 2 pr
of small channel lock pliers on each side will squeeze the cap back over
the ring. Doug T