[AT] reversed tire example

Indiana Robinson robinson46176 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 4 18:35:06 PDT 2009

A lot of farmers around here used to reverse dished rear wheels when
they sat them out to cultivate position (like on Fords and Fergusons)
rather than bother to raise the whole back of the tractor to switch
sides. I only used a couple of borrowed ones that way and one of the
first things I noticed was how much faster they would stop a hay wagon
on gravel or dirt. It still would bug me to see them that way.  :-)
I have considered at times reversing the wheels on my loader tractor
so that I could always back out of any place that I could drive into.
Many many times I have had to dump the trip bucket because of having
less traction backing up. I never did, it would bug me to see them
that way.  :-)

--
Have you hugged your horses today?

Francis Robinson